Monday, August 27, 2012

Original Burger (漢堡包) - Triple O's (Tsim Sha Tsui / 尖沙咀)

 Original Burger (漢堡包) - HK$42
The Hungry Nobody score - 3/10
Lukewarm bun and lukewarm patty begets a lukewarm customer.

Triple O's
#3001-DB, Level 3, Citysuper Harbour City, Canton Road, Tsimshatsui
廣東道海港城港威尖沙咀商場3樓3001號舖
(+852) 2387 7000
Sun-Thu & PH 1030-2200 / Fri, Sat and eve of PH 1030-2300

What I did like was the Triple O sauce makes the burger stand out from other burgers.  It's a tangy mayonnaise type sauce that adds a bit of zip to your typical burger.  I also like that they use whole leaf lettuce, which makes it feel more like a burger that is made at a BBQ, instead of shredded lettuce (that tends to get limp fast).  For those of your that like, Triple O's also provides a slice of a pickle for you, but they cleverly place it in the wrapping of the burger, so you can easily add it, or eat it on its own, or discard it, as you please (I tend to discard or eat on its own depending on my mood).  The beef in the patty is probably processed and has who knows how many additives, binders and what not, but it tastes better than your average fast food burger patty.  It has about as close a beef texture and taste that you can find, short of making your own burgers (again, for a fast food outlet).  Overall, when you bite into this burger, although the bun is quite fluffy, it is not dense so you don't feel like you get a mouthful of bread and not enough burger.  The bun itself in fact adds to the enjoyment as it's slightly sweet and tastes fairly fresh.

What I didn't like was that my burger wasn't hot.  I'm not sure if it was sitting there too long or what but what I got was a lukewarm burger.  The bun was also not hot (I believe they usually toast it prior to constructing), but since the lettuce was still crisp, I'm guessing they just didn't 'reheat' my patty enough?  Whatever it was it made the whole experience go down the drain.  The Triple O sauce also became coagulated (well, more than usual) and it was actually a chore to finish my burger.  It was actually worthy of sending back, since I know they typically are much better, but for some reason I just didn't bother.  I think next time, I'll be sure to check that they're hot before leaving the counter.  Yuck.

Note:  An Original Burger meal costs HK$65, which includes fries and a soft drink.  For another HK$4 you can upgrade the size of your drink to a large.

No comments:

Post a Comment