Saturday, September 1, 2012

Durian Crystal Seeds (榴槤水晶珠) - 聰嫂私房甜品 (Causeway Bay / 銅鑼灣)

Durian Crystal Seeds (榴槤水晶珠) - HK$30
The Hungry Nobody score - 6/10
For someone that doesn't like durian (me), I might change my mind after this.

聰嫂私房甜品

Note:  New Address as of mid September 2012
G/F, 11 Yiu Wah Street, Causeway Bay
銅鑼灣耀華街11號地舖

(+852) 2278 2622
12:30 - 00:30


What I did like was, wow this has a really fresh durian taste.  I actually am not a big fan of durian, just because of the odor, but I think I almost got converted after a few spoonfuls of this baby.  The dish has two parts, the main ‘ice’ and the durian topping with sago.  The durian topping is the good stuff, but don’t let that fool you, the ice also has a very strong durian flavor to it and is also quite rich in texture.  You might actually want to consider eating this BEFORE dinner as it’s really THAT rich (or you just really have a separate stomach for dessert).

What I didn’t like was, the smell.  I’m not a durian convert yet, so the smell does get to me.  As I discovered though, the easiest way to get over the smell, was just to eat some.  Strangely, once you eat some, the smell disappears and you’re left enjoying the taste.  Oh wait, I’m already done the like section.  Ok, um.  It’s a bit heavy, probably fattening.  That’s it.  Go get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment