Sunday, August 12, 2012

Iced Milk Tea (冷奶茶) - 金鳳茶餐廳 (Wan Chai / 灣仔)

Iced Milk Tea (冷奶茶)
Iced Milk Tea (冷奶茶) - HK$16

The Hungry Nobody score - 7/10
Smooth and devoid of ice, one of the better iced milk teas

金鳳茶餐廳
G/F 41 Spring Garden Lane, Wan Chai
灣仔春園街41號春園大廈地下
(+852) 2572 0526
Hours: 0600 - 1900

What I did like was that the milk tea didn't taste like it was pre-made from factory in the New Territories (it in fact could have been, but at least it didn't taste like it was).  Not overly sweet, but still sweet without being the predominant flavor you're tasting.  There was decent balance between the strong tea flavor and the milk, neither stood out too much, which is just right.  No ice served with this, which prevented the taste from diluting as you enjoyed it.  If I'm in the area, I'll be back for this.

What I didn't like was that the milk in the milk tea, didn't taste like anything special.  It's not really a negative, just something that I would have liked better.  If it had a slight creaminess to it, then it might have been near perfect.  Alas, it stands as one of the better iced milk teas I've had, but I know there has to be better out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment