Sunday, August 12, 2012

Milk Tea (西冷紅茶) - 金鳳茶餐廳 (Wan Chai / 灣仔)

Milk Tea (西冷奶茶)
Milk Tea (西冷紅) - HK$14

The Hungry Nobody score - 6/10
Fresh tea flavored milk tea - different than what I typically have

金鳳茶餐廳
G/F 41 Spring Garden Lane, Wan Chai
灣仔春園街41號春園大廈地下
(+852) 2572 0526
Hours: 0600 - 1900

What I did like was that the milk tea is definitely different than your typical milk tea.  At least the cup I had today was.  It was something in between red tea with milk and the strong tea taste of Hong Kong style milk tea (奶茶).  Usually, when you have milk tea, the tea is brewed very strong and the potent tea taste is toned down by the evaporated milk.  You could actually taste the red tea with 金鳳's milk tea, which was not expected.  Am I a fan?  I'm still undecided, but it is something different and worth giving a try.

What I didn't like was that if you're expecting typical Hong Kong style milk tea, you may find it's a bit different than your expectations.  Not by much at all, but for me, it's enough that I still felt like my craving for milk tea wasn't satisfied.  Absolutely.  Is it good vs other milk teas?  I'd say it's ok at best.

Note:  Maybe someone can explain to me what 西冷紅茶 is and how it differs from 奶茶...

No comments:

Post a Comment