Friday, August 24, 2012

Cool Lime (青檸口味) - Starbucks (Causeway Bay / 銅鑼灣)

Starbucks Cool Lime (青檸口味)
Cool Lime (青檸口味) - HK$26/29/32 Tall/Grande/Venti

The Hungry Nobody score - 5/10
Better than I expected, but I wasn't expecting much...

Starbucks (Causeway Bay)
G/F, No.50 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay
銅鑼灣禮頓道50號地下
(+852) 2808 2751
Mon-Thu 0700-2300 / Fri-Sat 0700-0000 / Sun & PH 0800-2300

What I did like was that drink reminded me less of cough syrup than I thought it would.  Yes, I read the reviews from some people that it tasted that bad.  I'm a fan of lemon and lime (but strangely not Sprite) and somehow, I wasn't overly keen to try this.  I also read that people felt like it reminded them of mojitos, which I am also not a fan of.  (So get on with the review already!)  Well, surprisingly, it didn't taste too much like a mojito (as it lacked the mint component), but it did remind me of some lemonade type cooler that I would have drank back in the days.  It wasn't as tart as I thought it would be either.  And yes, the taste just is hard to describe.  It was neither really lemony or limey, but kind of like a semi-tart citrus cooler that you think might have alcohol, but actually, it was probably just the caffeine kick from the green coffee extract...

What I didn't like was that it really wasn't anything special.  I think I just got suckered into getting it as Starbucks had a 2-for-1 deal every Wednesday and Friday late afternoon.  The concoction is just a pre-made blend of juice, and some green coffee extract (which I have no idea what it should taste like).  Nothing terribly exciting, and for a premium price, I don't think it's close to being worth it.  While they have this 2-for-1 deal, I'd say, sure, give it a try if you must.  Need someone to share that 2-for-1 deal with?  Nah, I'll pass, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment