Saturday, August 4, 2012

Nichiwa Sangyo White Chicken Egg (日和白雞蛋) - Jusco (Quarry Bay) 鰂魚涌

Nichiwa White Chicken Egg (白雞蛋)
White Chicken Egg (白雞蛋) - HK$25.9

The Hungry Nobody score - 8/10
Taste just as good and fresh as the free range eggs, but at the same price as regular eggs!


Brand: Nichiwa Sangyo (日和)

Jusco (Quarry Bay)
Kornhill Plaza (South), 2 Kornhill Road, Quarry Bay
香港鰂魚涌康山道2號康怡廣場(南)
(+852) 2884 6888
Hours: 08:30 - 23:00 (7 days/wk)

What I did like was that the eggs were decent in size, I'd say they were similar in size to the large sized eggs you'd typically find sold at Wellcome or Park 'n Shop.  The taste of the eggs was similar to what free range eggs taste like.  In comparison to 'regular' eggs, they had a creamier yolk and overall the egg had a cleaner taste to it.  There was less after-taste as well.  The taste reminds me of eating Japanese onsen eggs.  Ok ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but either way, I really can say that I enjoy these eggs much more than the usual eggs imported from the US.  And at HK$21 (for 10 eggs) it's great value, as they are roughly the same price as the other eggs!

What I didn't like was egggggsactly nothing.  I would definitely buy these on a regular basis until I find something better.  One knock which has nothing to do with the actual product, is that Wellcome or Park 'n Shop don't seem to carry these.  As I find other locations, I will definitely update!

Note:  These are sold in packs of 10, and not a dozen.  The packaging is sealed, so you can't tamper with the eggs (or switch eggs from other packages in case one is broken) but you can still fully inspect the eggs through the clear packaging.  These were on sale from an original price of 27.9

If you're taking the MTR, it's actually right by the Tai Koo station.  Check www.jusco.com.hk for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment