Saturday, August 4, 2012

Very Berry Hibiscus (野莓芙蓉口味) - Starbucks (Causeway Bay 銅鑼灣)

Very Berry Hibiscus (野莓芙蓉口味) - HK$26/29/32 Tall/Grande/Venti

The Hungry Nobody score - 6/10
Refreshing and fruity with real berries inside, but hated that 1/2 my cup was ice.

Starbucks (Causeway Bay)
G/F, No.50 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay
銅鑼灣禮頓道50號地下
(+852) 2808 2751
Mon-Thu 0700-2300 / Fri-Sat 0700-0000 / Sun & PH 0800-2300

What I did like was that drink was made fast and served fast.  Starbucks started to shift their strategy to begin talking to people in America and try to build relationships, but quickly realized one of their strengths was fast service.  Thankfully they didn't try that experiment in Hong Kong.  When I got my drink, the ice had barely begun to melt and I was treated to a crisp refreshing blast of blackberry tasting... um something.  Starbucks calls them a 'refresher', made from green coffee extract.  What that is exactly, I admit, I have no idea.  It honestly reminded me of Glaceau's VitaminWater with real berries in it.  So it basically tastes like fruit punch with some caffeine in it.  Not exciting really, but it does taste good.

What I didn't like was that, well I've already started into what I didn't like about it.  As a consumer, I was lost as to what it was supposed to taste like.  Water can be equally refreshing.  That being said, I didn't want half my Very Berry Hibiscus to be (frozen) water.  Why so much ice?  You're supposed to hand shake with ice first then strain it, no?  You like your martinis with tons of ice as well?  If you drink it fast (I was hungry and thirsty that day), then the berries get all trapped in the ice... not fun.  I don't think it's great value either, but if you walk into Starbucks, you already know that goes out the window.  I almost gave it a score of 5, but I think it's better than that, just ask for less ice next time, lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment